It’s that time of the year again! Ugly Christmas Sweaters are back, and they’re ready to be worn at your next Christmas Party, work or school function, or just out and about, checking off your holiday “To Do” list.
The best part about this fairly new tradition is that it’s hilarious taking a look at what others are displaying on their chest, whether the sweaters are store-bought or DIY…
Take a look at some inspirational ideas, including one my son and I put together last year for our family’s Christmas Eve celebration:
- Want to go simple and sweet? How about a quote from your favorite Christmas Movie?:
2. I’m sure some of you have seen these before; although they may be a little trickier than some of the others…how can you not fall in love with these ideas?!:
3. Can you feel it? My husband certainly did when I embarrassed him last year, by making him this one (with more of a “masculine” flare to it, of course!):
4. Reindeer Head-looks a bit heavy, but sure to stand out!:
5. Not the crafty type? This is perfect for any last-minute DIY sweaters or for those that prefer to just “throw together a little bit of this, and a little bit of that!”:
6. The “Poor Snowman”:
7. “Stashing through the Snow”:
8.From which movie is this scene from?:
9. Because in every group, there’s a cat lover:
10. Even though it’s not a sweater, I had to add this, because this is definitely something I would consider wearing in lieu of the sweater:
11. How about donning a festive blazer, instead?:
12. Saving the best for last, my son’s “Sick from way too many sweets” Reindeer, from last year:
Okay, so you have the sweater…now what do you wear with it, in order to avoid looking completely “ugly”? Here’s a list of simple tips and tricks to keep you looking chic in the (and I say this in the most sincere way)…tackiest sweater around!:
- If you really plan on going “all out” on the sweater-don’t stop there! The uglier, the better! Besides, you don’t want others’ thinking that you wore this because you truly thought it was cute, do you?
- Pair it with cute leggings-keep yourself comfortable, yet stylish at the same time!
- I’ve said it quite a few times this month in my blog posts, but I absolutely love anything that sparkles and shines during the holiday season-so why not show off your sweater with a sequined skirt, or sequined leggings? Both H&M and Forever 21 have great deals and great pieces this season!
- Wear it as a sweater dress! Instead of finding or crafting a form-fitting sweater, go for one that is oversized, that way you can wear it with your favorite leggings, or stockings and a cute pair of boots!
- And of course…accessorize…accessorize….accessorize! Personalize the look to your taste! Add some of your favorite jewels, a scarf, soft knit winter hat, and your favorite bag, and turn it into one of your daily OOTDs!
Enjoy your holiday weekend! Make sure to try out one of these “Ugly Sweater” ideas for your next festive get-together! What are some of your favorite “Ugly” Sweaters? Follow along on Instagram (@daniellepiel), and Pinterest (Danielle Piel), where I post my daily looks, or follow along on Facebook (Danielle Piel). And as always, feel free to keep sending those emails along to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment below!
Photo Credits: Images 1-11 borrowed from Pinterest